The application process:
Telephone/mail or personal application
- Immediate approval may be available depending upon age and amount of insurance.
- A company underwriter will call to complete a short medical history questionnaire.
- You should have available personal information including social insurance number, driver’s license, and your doctor’s name and address. An “Attending Physician” statement may be required from your current doctor.
- You may be asked to help speed this along, by phoning your doctor, as policy issue may be delayed if it is not received in a timely manner. Underwriting requirements may, depending upon age and limit of insurance requested, include a paramedical visit to check vital statistics including height, weight and blood pressure.
- They may also request a blood sample, and a urinalysis.
- On larger cases, and for senior applicants, an electrocardiogram and a doctor’s examination may be required.
Temporary Insurance – 90 days (or policy issue)
- If an online application is not available at the best premium, we may complete an application by phone, mail, or in person.
Original signatures are a legal requirement.
- The remainder of the process is the same as above.
This is available if:
- The applicant can answer “No” to certain health status questions.
- The insurance applied for is not over $1,000,000.
- The first month’s premium is paid.
This will later be applied against the policy premium, or if not issued, the amount is refunded in full. This is highly recommended as some policies may take up to 90 days to be issued.